KNX DALI Gateway Colour
Gateway for controlling color-adjustable DALI luminaires via KNX
in this project
- Hardware development
- Software development
- Creation of the Device Configuration App (DCA) as a
specialized ETS extension for DALI commissioning
- Certification (KNX, VDE)
Dynamic human centric lighting
with DALI colour control
The DALI Gateway Colour allows for the rapid implementation of complex Human Centric Lighting (HCL) applications. Using the Human Interface developed specifically for coloured light control, pre-configured scenes for dynamic daylight variations can be selected in ETS6/ETS5. The gateway automatically ensures the correct output of DALI Colour Control values to the connected lights. This makes it effortless to create elaborate dynamic lighting scenes that can be adjusted to changing customer requirements. Additionally, HCL curves can be modified on-the-fly through KNX.
The gateway utilizes DALI Colour Control "DT8(Tc)" for HCL applications, enabling precise control of white light colours along the black-body curve. When combined with high-quality DALI luminaires, this guarantees lighting of exceptional quality that can be adapted in colour temperature.
With support for DALI Colour Control DT8(RGB), the gateway controls colour-adjustable lights in the same straightforward manner as dynamic white light. In the ETS6/ETS5 interface, individual light colours can be easily assigned for different times of the day.
Up to 128 luminaires
The DALI Gateway Colour is available with one or two DALI outputs. Each output can operate the maximum number of participants defined in the DALI protocol, which is 64 devices. Consequently, up to 128 DALI luminaires can be individually controlled.
Secure communication thanks to
KNX data secure stack
To meet the increasing demands for security against hacking attacks, Insta developed the first manufacturer independent KNX Data Secure stack in 2020. This stack is also used in the DALI Gateway Colour. The devices are equipped with a device certificate in the form of a QR code. Using this code, the installer can commission the devices via the ETS using KNX Data Secure. By implementing KNX Data Secure and monitoring the relevant development steps by our Cyber-Security Officer, we can provide our customers with a highly secure product.
All features at a glance
- Group or individual device control of DALI luminaires
- Control of up to 32 groups or 64 individual devices
- Scene control for up to 16 DALI scenes
- Control of DALI-DT 8 lights with the Colour Mode 'Colour-Temperature' (Tuneable White) (for TW and HCL applications)
- Control of DALI-DT 8 lights with the Colour Mode 'RGBW' (for RGB and RGBW applications)
- DALI-2 Multimaster device (according to EN62386-103 ed2) for future support of DALI-2 control devices (DALI-2 sensors)
- KNX Secure product without limitations in product flexibility in KNX Secure installations (regarding the number of Secure group addresses and communication partners)
- Upgradability in existing installations using the ETS Service-App